Sunday, April 22, 2012 Sophisticated Sunday Morning Cookies

I don't mean to infer that this particular Sunday morning is sophisticated. In fact it's 2:00 in the afternoon and I'm wearing wet sweats because I just washed my dog. The cookie, that's the sophisticated one. I had a little fun with my Kitchen Sink cookie recipe and replaced the butter with olive oil. I was out of baking soda so I used baking powder and changed the sugar from brown to white (remember the acid?)and I seasoned them with rosemary and lemon zest.

Here goes - (measurements are BY WEIGHT, get a postal scale)

4 oz olive oil
7 oz white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
-------------------
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 heaping Tablespoon of sour cream
-------------------
6 oz AP flour
1/8 teaspoon powdered rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
5 oz oats
1 Tablespoon milled flax seed
-------------------
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
zest of 1/2 a lemon

So the lines, again, are indicating your mixing. You don't even need a mixer for these, a rubber spatula will do. Mix the first three, then add the second three, then add the dry ingredients (that have been whisked together.) When the batter is almost all the way mixed add the chips and zest - this helps prevent over mixing. I used an ice cream scoop to portion the dough onto cookie trays - I got 17 cookies out of it. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

These are really DDelicious. The rosemary isn't overpowering but it is present as you bite into the cookies crunchy exterior. The lemon is barely detectable, yet it helps the cookie come together in your mouth. If you eat them warm the dripping chocolate chips will remind you of old school cookie commercials but these are like no cookie you've ever had. Seriously good. Try them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
very good results. If you know of any please share. Many thanks!


My homepage Michael Kors Outlet

Post a Comment